How to Get Rid of Green Skin from Jewelry?
It is nothing wrong to be obsessed with jewelry. But to fight against the stains on the skin after wearing jewelry is a very difficult task to handle. People love to wear jewelry either man or woman, it is a trend to wear rings and necklace.
In ancient days, people love to wear Gold jewelry of 24 karat gold. It is a very expensive form of Gold and it does not give any stain to the skin. But now the trend of artificial jewelry takes place nowadays and people love to wear rings bracelets and rings in their hands.
The drawback of this jewelry is, it leaves green stains on your skin because of its low quality. Where these jewelry products are fun to wear at the same time it makes the skin green which looks very bad.
You can get rid of green skin from jewelry by avoiding washing skin with jewelry, by avoid using perfume or body spray, avoid metals jewelry, avoid sun exposure and also avoid sweating.
The green stains on your skin from jewelry are due to chemicals present in the jewelry that makes the skin green. When chemicals of the jewelry rub with the skin it makes skin green. These chemicals could by coloring spray or shining spray that may affect the skin.
Other cause of green could also due to skin products or cosmetics product that rubs with jewelry and makes skin green.
The most common cause of green skin is sweating. Because of the sweating, cheap jewelry makes the skin green due to its inexpensive material used.
So the artificial jewelry is now an attractive thing for the viewers, people love to wear artificial or silver jewelry to gain attraction. It is good to fulfill your desires and then by taking some safety measure you can get rid of green skin from jewelry.
I will recommend you to cover a layer of nail polish onto your jewelry, to use a barrier between skin and jewelry, wipe off green skin with makeup remover, swab skin with nail polish remover, wipe off skin with alcohol.
- 1 How to Get Rid of Green Skin from Jewelry?
- 1.1 Coating jewelry with nail paint:
- 1.2 Wipe off skin with makeup remover:
- 1.3 Use polymer barrier between skin and jewelry:
- 1.4 Wipe off skin with alcohol:
- 1.5 Clear skin with nail polish remover:
- 1.6 Avoid washing while wearing jewelry:
- 1.7 Avoid using perfume:
- 1.8 Avoid copper and silver jewelry:
- 1.9 Only use gold jewelry:
- 1.10 Wear loose-fitting necklace:
- 1.11 Avoid metal jewelry:
- 1.12 Avoid sweating:
- 1.13 Clean jewelry before wearing:
- 1.14 Soak jewelry in vinegar:
- 1.15 Avoid sun exposure:
How to Get Rid of Green Skin from Jewelry?
I always advise to the people and my patients that care is far better than cure. By taking care your goods can get rid of a severe condition. First of all, I will suggest you not wear cheap material jewelry but if you are fond of jewelry than wear Gold platted jewelry or good quality jewelry.
If you are facing the problem of green skin from jewelry than these methods will help you out and you will thank me later.
Coating jewelry with nail paint:
It is a very easy and inexpensive method to get rid of green skin from jewelry. You can also wear jewelry of your own choice without taking the tension of green skin. By painting a layer of clear nail polish will make you tension free from the skin to turn into green.
If you are using silver jewelry then apply clear nail polish on it and then use it. When the nail polish layer covers the jewelry then you can prevent from the contact of skin and jewelry. Either the jewelry is rings, necklaces, or bracelets you can apply nail paint and can get rid of this problem easily without any difficulty.
- Take clear nail paint that does not contain color in it.
- Now apply it on the jewelry if you are applying it on the ring then apply carefully inner side of the ring.
- Then leave it for 20 minutes to allow it to dry.
- You can now wear jewelry without any hesitation to get your skin green because nail paints prevent the jewelry to rub on the skin ultimately prevents skin from getting green from jewelry.
Wipe off skin with makeup remover:
Whenever you get stain after wearing jewelry then you can use this method to remove the stains on the skin. It is a very gentle method and you can use it well to remove stains from the skin.
Makeup remover can easily be taken from any superstore or market. You can also buy it online of your choice; Waterproof makeup remover helps to take off this problem and makes the skin like as it before.
- Take cotton swabs to remove the stains of the skin.
- Soak them into a makeup remover for 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the skin after removing jewelry. If stains are on your fingers due to the rings then wipe off the skin with makeup remover and rub it for 5 minutes.
- Leave makeup remover on the skin. And it is no need to wash the skin.
- It is a very gentle method the get rid of green skin from hands or arms.
Use polymer barrier between skin and jewelry:
Jeweler’s skin guards are available in all jewelers shops for all kinds of jewelry. These guards are very helpful to protect the contact between skin and jewelry. It is recommended to buy jewelry with a jewelry skin guard but many people avoid saving their money. But they do not know without this, jewelry can make stains on the skin.
These skin guards could be of rubber or plastic. Many jewelers sealed plastic barriers to the jewelry that prevent that skin to touch the jewelry. After the half-life of the plastic barrier, you can again reseal it with a barrier. In this way, your jewelry and skin both will remain safe.
There are Also rubber barriers are present that are used for the rings and it inhibits to get in touch with skin,
Wipe off skin with alcohol:
Wiping off skin with alcohol is a very result gaining method. It removes the scars and stains very immediately and you can wear jewelry without any tension. You can buy alcohol at a pharmacy and buy online alcohol easily. Alcohol contains antiseptic properties and acts as removing the agent.
- Take cotton pads and soak cotton pads into alcohol.
- Wipe your skin with cotton pads that are soaked in alcohol after removing jewelry.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Wash your skin with tap water and then use a mild soap to wash your skin.
- Avoid using on your scratch skin or burning skin because alcohol can cause itching or irritation on damage skin.
- You will see the result within 2 days.
Clear skin with nail polish remover:
Green skin from jewelry is a very embarrassing condition that anyone can suffer in the results to fulfill their desires of wearing jewelry.
You can use a nail polish remover that is non-acetone it can use to clear the deep stain on the skin. Nail polish remover is pretty useful to get rid of green skin from jewelry. You can use nail polish remover after removing rings and bracelets.
- Take a non-acetone nail polish remover from the market.
- Now take 2 cotton pads and allow it to soak into the nail polish remover.
- Wipe stains with nail polish remover and put some pressure to wash the stain.
- By rubbing cotton swabs on the skin can remove the green skin within days.
- After wiping off the skin wash your skin with tap water and then wash it with mild soap.
- You will see results within weeks if you will use nail polish remover.
Avoid washing while wearing jewelry:
The major mistake many people so is washing hands or skin with wearing jewelry. You should avoid taking a shower, swimming, washing hands and dishwashing. Because when the water will contact with jewelry it will accelerate the process of oxidation which can turn the skin and also makes the jewelry discoloration.
You should remove the jewelry before washing your hands with soap or hand wash. Because water enhances the process of oxidation which can turn your skin green due to moist.
Avoid using perfume:
If you have a love for fragrance and use body sprays and perfumes then avoid using them after wearing jewelry. You should remove your jewelry before applying perfumes or body sprays on your skin.
The chemicals in perfumes or skin products can deteriorate the metals. After the deterioration of metal jewelry, it leaves the stains of green color on your skin. You should avoid using fragrance products after wearing jewelry.
Avoid copper and silver jewelry:
Before buying jewelry for you, you should ask the jeweler from which material it is made of. Sometimes the seller does not give an honest review and we buy a copper or other metals alloy jewelry that turns green within after one use.
You should check the jewelry that it should be made of expensive materials because inexpensive material turns green skin within no time.
Copper and copper-plated jewelry oxidized very rapidly and turn the skin color green. Copper plated jewelry also decolorized within a very short time.
Only use gold jewelry:
Gold is expensive other than silver and copper but it takes time to get oxidize. Gold is using for centuries and it never causes any kind of allergy or rashes.
It is suggested that if you are fond of wearing jewelry then wear Gold rings necklace and bracelets. But it is expensive than copper and silver. But if you have sensitive skin then only wears Gold jewelry. There are also many sellers are present who makes jewelry for sensitive skin.
Wear loose-fitting necklace:
You can wear rings and bracelets along with a rubber or plastic barrier but when it comes to the necklace. You should wear a loose-fitting necklace that does not allow more contact between the skin and the material of the jewelry.
You should wear the loose-fitting necklace to get rid of the problem of green skin from jewelry.If you are fond of wearing jewelry then wear a necklace and earrings that do not involve in staining of the skin from jewelry.
Avoid metal jewelry:
You should not use metals jewelry for you because it oxidizes rapidly when attaching with the skin. When it touches the skin then its chemicals enhance the process of oxidation and it starts corroding.
In return, the skin turns into green color and form stain on the skin. One should avoid using metal jewelry.
Sweating is also the main reason to increase the deterioration process of the jewelry. When sweat appears on the skin then the acidity of the skin increases and this increase in acidity of skin turns the skin green due to chemicals of jewelry.
So when you are wearing jewelry then try to keep yourself in air-conditioned rooms and do not work out that cause sweating on the skin. Our hands mostly secrete sweat usually so after wearing rings you should keep yourself sweat-free.
Clean jewelry before wearing:
It is a basic thing one should do is to clean their jewelry before wearing them. Because sometimes people wear jewelry without cleaning and dirt attached in the jewelry reacts with the skin and it makes the ski green. One should clean the jewelry before wearing it.
Soak jewelry in vinegar:
Many of the people do not know how can they clean their jewelry and they war it without cleaning it. Here I will tell you how you can wash it properly to remove all kinds of dirt from it.
- You can soak it into the vinegar for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off with tap water and allow it to dry for half an hour.
- You can also make a lemon solution instead of vinegar to wash your jewelry.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoon of lemon and mix it with half a cup of water.
- Allow it to stir and then soak the jewelry in it.
- Wash it off and then tap it to dry.
- Now you can wear jewelry without any tension.
Avoid sun exposure:
Sun exposure causes the sweating of the skin and acidity of skin increases. In the results, jewelry chemicals and acidity of skin reaction take place and the process of oxidation increases.
Due to an increase in the oxidation process deterioration take place and it corrodes the jewelry and makes the skin green. One should avoid going outside while wearing jewelry.
In this article, I have explained all the tips to keep your skin away from getting green from jewelry. I have also experienced these tips to prevent my skin discoloration after wearing jewelry.
- How to Calm Rosacea Flare-Up?
- How to Cure Melasma from the inside?
- How to Reverse Sugar Damage to Skin?
- What is the Best Treatment for Angular Cheilitis?
- How to Get Rid of Smile Lines Around Eyes?
- How to Clean a Nose Piercing with Antibacterial Soap?
- How often should you get a chemical peel?
- How To Pop a Pimple in Your Ear Canal?
- How to Get Rid of Rash Between Breasts?
- Why do I have Brown Spots on my Breasts?
- How to Get Permanent Marker Off Skin Without Alcohol?
- How to Stop Itching down there at Night?
- How to Flatten Hypertrophic Scars?
- How to Get Rid of Tiny Bumps on Face Quickly?
- How to Get Rid of Perioral Dermatitis Fast?