What are the Benefits of Saffron for Skin?
King of beauty products, kind of spice, red strands saffron, most expensive spice of the time, with a lot of health benefits, has amazing benefits for the skin. Due to a number of skin benefits, Saffron was used in Royal time by princesses and queens.
Saffron rich in vitamins and antioxidants which help the skin in many ways to treat skin problems.
You can use saffron in many ways like a saffron face pack, saffron scrub, saffron oil, saffron toner, etc.
Saffron is just perfect for the skin. Saffron can be used in combination with rose water, lemon, honey and glycerine for skin whitening. Saffron helps to get rid of acne, scars, dry and cracked skin.
Choose the best quality saffron, with the change in the region, saffron quality also changes. There are different qualities of saffron available all over the world. But the saffron from Kashmir origin named as padmagadhi is considered as the best for skin among all other types.
Saffron is available as saffron red strands, saffron powder, saffron oil even saffron milk and saffron water are all beneficial for the skin.
- 1 What are the Benefits of Saffron for Skin?
- 1.1 How to use saffron for skin whitening?
- 1.2 Saffron face pack for lighter skin tone
- 1.3 Saffron for even skin tone
- 1.4 For fair complexion all over your body:
- 1.5 Saffron for acne and acne scars
- 1.6 Saffron for smooth, glowing skin with no dark circles
- 1.7 Saffron for blemish-free, even skin tone and to treat any skin infection
- 1.8 Saffron to treat skin dryness
- 1.9 2nd method to treat dry skin with Saffron
- 1.10 Saffron face scrub
- 1.11 Saffron face pack for dark circles
- 1.12 Saffron for dull skin through nasal route
- 2 How to identify original saffron?
- 3 Can we use saffron powder instead of saffron threads?
What are the Benefits of Saffron for Skin?
Saffron contains vitamin C which is vital for the skin. It prevents and treat photo-damage, has antioxidant properties and helps in collagen synthesis.
Saffron contains vitamin A which is considered as best for healthy skin production. It promotes skin cell growth either applied topically or taken through diet.
Saffron contains vitamin B2 also known as biotin which maintains mucus production of skin and prevents acne breakout on the skin. Also removes pesky spots, helps healthy skin turnover and revitalize the skin.
Saffron contains vitamin B6 which maintain the health of cells, red blood cells and provide healthy skin. Our body can’t synthesis it so we have to take it through diet. A hypersensitivity reaction is reported due to B6 deficiency.
With all above saffron also contains manganese and potassium necessary for healthy skin.
How to use saffron for skin whitening?
As saffron is available in different forms like saffron stands, saffron oil, saffron powder, all contain the same nutrients but if available in pure form.
Saffron face pack for flawless skin
- 7 strands of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- 2 teaspoon of milk
- In a clean bowl add all above ingredients and mix well.
- Wash your face to remove dust etc.
- Apply on your face and massage in circular motion thoroughly for about 15 minutes.
- Leave to dry.
- Apply minimum 3 times a week for better results.
- Some people are sensitive to milk so they can also use rose water in place of milk.
Saffron face pack for lighter skin tone
For today’s question, What are the Benefits of Saffron for Skin? This is a must-read. Saffron add contains vitamin C which helps is lighter skin tone with regular use.
- Take about 5 strands of saffron and soak in raw milk for about hour.
- With cotton or fingertips, apply all over your face and massage with this milk for about 20 minutes.
- Leave to dry and then wash out with cold water.
- Repeat daily to have the natural fair glow.
Saffron for even skin tone
You can use saffron in different ways to have lighter skin complexion.
For those who have uneven skin tone, this face pack is best.
- few sunflower seeds
- 5 saffron strands.
- Soak them in raw milk for the whole night.
- In the morning, add them in a grinder and grind well.
- Apply on your face and massage gently in a circular motion.
- Leave for 30 minutes and rinse off your face with fresh water.
- Apply daily or 4 times a week. Within a few days, you will have lighter, even skin tone.
For fair complexion all over your body:
In warm water, soak saffron stands for about 20 minutes until the water gets red color. Taking bath with this water on a regular basis will lighten your skin complexion.
In a glass of milk, add a few strands of saffron and half teaspoon of honey. Drink it daily for fair skin complexion.
Saffron for acne and acne scars
Saffron has antibacterial, antifungal properties due to having biotin vitamin B2. It fights with bacteria, fungus and helps to treat acne, blemishes, and blackheads.
- 4 saffron strands
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 teaspoon of rosewater
- Few drops of lemon juice
- To treat acne and acne scars, take 5 to 6 stand of saffron and 5 or 6 basil leaves, 2 teaspoons of rosewater, few drops of lemon juice.
- Grind to form a thick paste. Apply a thin layer on your face. No need of message, just apply and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off your face with fresh water.
- Apply daily for about 15 days.
You can also apply saffron milk twice a day for blemishes.
Saffron for smooth, glowing skin with no dark circles
Saffron has the ability to treat dark circles, uneven skin and even dark skin tone.it will exfoliate your skin and enhance blood circulation, provide neutral fair skin. This single-face pack will fix all of the face problems. For this face pack, you require:
- 10 strands of saffron
- 2 teaspoon of milk
- Half teaspoon of honey
- Few drops of almond oil ( you may add one olive oil)
Soak saffron: In a wooden or mud bowl, soak strands of saffron in water. Cover it and left for the whole night. The water of saffron will turn yellow.
Mixing: In saffron water, add few drops of almond oil, half teaspoon of honey, two teaspoons of milk and mix with a spoon.
Apply on face: Take cotton and roll it in a ball shape. Dip in the above mixture and apply on your face evenly. Give 3 to 4 coats and leave to dryness. You can also massage in a circular motion with your fingertips.
Wash off: With cold water remove this face pack and apply any moisturizer on your skin. It’s better to apply rose water.
Saffron for blemish-free, even skin tone and to treat any skin infection
With the environmental changes and bacterial or fungal infection or due to hormonal disturbances acne or other skin allergic reactions may occur.
Saffron extract has the natural ability to treat acne, any allergic reaction or any type of wound on the skin. Where you have any type of infection, apply gently saffron extract twice a day with cotton. Within a few days, saffron extracts will treat it.
Saffron to treat skin dryness
Cold days, the days of harsh, dry winds take away the moisture from your skin. Your skin becomes dry and itchy. Although lotion and moisturizers are available and also treat dryness they dull the skin. Saffron face mask not only treat dryness but also give glow on your face.
How to make a saffron face pack to treat dryness?
- In a bowl, add few strands about 10 and add enough milk to soak saffron strands.
- Leave for overnight
- In the morning, to saffron milk add few drops about 5 and mix them.
- Again leave for 5 minutes
- You may add half teaspoon of honey
- With a cotton ball, apply all over your face and give a gentle massage
- Give enough time to nutrients to get absorbed properly in the skin.
- Rinse off your face with fresh water
- Apply daily in the start for about a week and then you can reduce the frequency to about 2 times a week.
2nd method to treat dry skin with Saffron
Some people are allergic to dairy products like milk. Or some times you do not have the above ingredients so there is an alternate method to treat dryness. This face pack will treat dryness, recover lost oil from your skin, provides glow and for long time use, provide you soft smooth skin.
- In a bowl, add one teaspoon of saffron powder and one teaspoon of almond oil. Almond oil is my favorite, you can also add olive or coconut oil also.
- Mix well.
- Before going to bed, wash properly your face and apply on face.
- For deep moisturizing, you can message gently.
- Leave for a whole night.
- In the morning, wash off your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply daily for about a week.
- With time, you may reduce the oil quantity.
Saffron face scrub
It’s highly recommended to scrub your face once a week. But usage of natural scrub which those ingredients which are beneficial for skin and skin tone are preferred. Saffron face scrub not only exfoliate your skin but also fix all type of skin problems including blemishes, dark skin, dark circles, etc.
Almond has the vitamins necessary for healthy skin and milk provides moisture to your face. Saffron provides glow and also treat acne scars etc.
- saffron strands
- 10 sweet almond
- Milk sufficient to soak them
- Soak almonds and saffron stands in milk and leave for the whole night.
- In the morning, grind them and make a thick paste.
- Apply on face and leave for 5 minutes.
- With your fingers, massage on your face in a circular motion for 15 minutes.
- Again leave to dry.
- Rinse off your face with fresh water.
- Apply once a week.
Saffron face pack for dark circles
Dark circles around eyes are mainly due to insufficient nutrients supply to the skin. Skin, the largest organ if body, needs nutrients like vitamins, proteins, minerals but when you fail to apply these nutrients through diet, it appears in dark circles along with other complications. Saffron contains vitamins, minerals, fatty acids for healthy skin.
For dark circles you require
- 5 saffron strands
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 5 drops of lemon juice
- Soak saffron stands in water or milk for about 2 hours.
- In saffron milk or water, add honey and lemon juice and mix well.
- Wash and dry your face.
- Apply this paste around your eyes and massage in a circular motion for 10 minutes.
- Leave for the whole night.
- In the morning rinse off your face with fresh water.
- With a cotton ball, apply rosewater around eyes.
- Repeat this procedure daily for a week.
Saffron for dull skin through nasal route
Saffron has many benefits for the skin. The nasal route is among the fastest route of administration any active ingredient. When we administer saffron’s nutrients through nasal route, it provides surety of quick and complete absorption. For highly dull to dark skin, it’s best to treat possibly in short interval of time.
- 5 to 10 saffron strands
- 1 teaspoon of cow ghee
- 2 teaspoon of milk
- In hot ghee, quickly fry the saffron stands just for few seconds and remove from flame.
- Grind the saffron and ghee into a fine powder.
- Boil milk and add the above saffron ghee powder. Add sugar and mix well.
- Pass out the above mixture through perforated material and separate out the solid matte from milk.
- Inhale milk flames for 5 minutes you can.
- Repeat daily for about 5 minutes to have a glow all over your body.
Note: This remedy is only applicable for the nasal route. You apply this topically. Moreover, if you have any problem like nasal congestion then don’t do this. Some people can’t tolerate heat through nasal route, if so then also don’t try this.
How to identify original saffron?
Saffron is highly expensive and it has many benefits for the skin. Due to its high cost, fake saffron is available in the market and is sold on the name of saffron. Usually, people dye normal wood strands with red and yellow.
Counterfeit and adulterate saffron are and when used, cause serious skin allergic reactions. The undesirable changes in the skin due to counterfeit saffron are difficult to treat.
To check either it’s pure saffron or adulterated or counterfeiter, take few strands and soak them in warm milk or warm water. If the water turns reddish yellow immediately, it’s mean saffron is fake.
Pure saffron takes 10 to 15 minutes to give reddish-golden color in warm water or milk and to give specific saffron aroma to spread out.
By the above method, you can test saffron at home and it takes some time. You can also test it at the shop. Take a saffron stand and suck it. Take it out and on white tissue paper, rub the saffron strand. If it gives yellow color to tissue paper, means it is original otherwise not.
Can we use saffron powder instead of saffron threads?
Saffron, is also available in the form of saffron powder. Yes, you can use saffron powder instead of saffron strands if you are sure about it purity. Saffron powder is difficult to check either it’s pure or not.
- How to Use Lady Finger for Hair?
- How to Make Your Lips Soft Instantly?
- How to Use Green Tea Bags for Dark Circles?
- How to Get Rid of Static Hair Naturally?
- How to Use Figs for Hair?
- What are Sebaceous Filaments?
- How to Use Tomato on Face for Glowing Skin?
- What are skin indentations on face?
- How to Use Apricot for Skin?
- How to use Avocado for skin whitening?
- How to Use Peanuts for Hair Growth?
- How to Use Dates for Skin Whitening?
- How to Use Walnuts for Hair?
- How to Prevent Keloids on Ear Piercings?