How to Remove Dead Skin from Hands at Home?
Hands are an important feature of the body, if your hands are beautiful it makes your personality more impressive. The skin on hands gets dead due to hardworking, working in gardening or housecleaning.
The biggest factor affecting the skin of the hands is age. Aging process plays an important role in the skin of hands. By increasing age. Skin gets mature and it requires moisturizing, then if you will not moisturize your hands it will dry your hands resulting in the skin dead.
One of our regular visitors asked,
How can she get rid of dead skin from hands at home?
You can use Aloe Vera, coconut oil, moisturizing creams, exfoliation and regular washing of hands to remove dead skin from hands at home. It is recommended that you drink plenty of water daily for better skin.
What is mean by dead skin cells of hands?
Your hand’s skin gets damaged due to over hand washing or washing your hands rashly, it makes your hands dry. Due to dryness, skin cells die and it makes your hands look ugly.
In every minute 30000 to 40000 skin cells die and they need to wash it out. Skin cells are very sensitive cells and their life span is about 45 to 55 days. During this period they grow gloom and then dead.
As we discuss in every minute thousands of skin cells die and new cells are formed. it is beneficial for skin younger cells to replenish the dead skin.
The main problem is that when skin does not remove those dead cells. Then these dead cells make a layer and cause dryness of the skin that ultimately results in the ugliness of hands.
Dead cells layer makes your hand look dull and lackluster. It makes patches on the skin. There are different factors that affect the skin of the hands and make it dull.
- 1 How to Remove Dead Skin from Hands at Home?
- 2 Homemade remedies for to Remove Dead Skin from Hands
- 3 DuskySkin Tips to remove dead skin from hands at home
- 4 Causes of dead skin at hands
- 5 Signs of the dead skin of hands:
How to Remove Dead Skin from Hands at Home?
There are a few steps to get rid of dead skin cells.
clean your hands with warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
Then gently massage the cleanser on the hands do not rub it harshly gently cleanse the dirt on your hands. Clean your hand with cool water and then dry it with a sooth dry towel
take a bowl of water and add boil water in it. make it cool up to room temperature add cleanser or drop of shampoo in it and soak your hands for 10 minutes it will give you relaxing effect.
exfoliates your dead skin with some hard scrubber to remove dirt from the hands, you can also choose some chemical that exfoliates your skin. You can use citric acid or lactic acid to exfoliate your skin.
apply a mask on your hands that remove dead cells and make the new cells to take place .you can use a cucumber mask or Aloe Vera mask for this purpose.
After washing the mask on the hands apply good quality moisturizer to moisturize your skin and helps in enabling new cells for the skin.
Homemade remedies for to Remove Dead Skin from Hands
There are some homemade remedies that are useful for dead skin cells. These remedies make the skin to remove dead cells and replenish by new cells.
By applying Cucumber:
- Take a cucumber and cut into thick slices. Gently rub the slices on the affected skin of hands in this way that juice absorbs well into the skin.
- You can apply cucumber juice over the affected skin for about 30 minutes and then wash it off. It will show good results on the skin.
By applying Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera contains cooling and soothing properties that will help treat dry skin. It will also give moisture and protect the skin. For today’s question, How to Remove Dead Skin from Hands at Home? Aloe Vera is the best choice.
Extract the succulent gel from an Aloe Vera leaf and apply it on the affected skin a few times a day.
By drinking two tablespoons of Aloe Vera juice daily also make your skin glowing. (Women should not drink it during pregnancy).
By applying Olive oil:
Olive oil is a good moisturizer for dry skin. Soaking your hands in warm olive oil give deeply moisturize and nourish your skin.
- Heat one-half cup of olive oil in a microwave.
- Put the warm oil in a bowl and then add three drops of lavender essential oil into it.
- Soak your dry hands in the warm oil for 10 minutes.
- Gently wash your hands with water, dry and then apply some moisturizer.
Use Honey to remove dead skin from hands at home
Honey has antibacterial properties and also helps in the healing process.
- Rub pure honey on the affected dry skin of hands. Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes then rinse it off with warm water.
- Mix honey and olive oil and apply it on to the skin daily to keep the skin soft and smooth.
- Make a mixture of two spoons of sandalwood powder, two or three teaspoons of rosewater and honey and apply it on the hands.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
By applying mint:
Mint juice works as a great natural moisturizer. This helps to treat skin dryness and other skin conditions like eczema.
- Extract the juice from fresh mint leaves.
- Apply this mint juice all over the affected skin before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash the skin with lukewarm water the next morning.
By applying banana:
Banana is a great moisturizer. You can use it with oil or creams for the healing process.
- Mix a ripe banana with some sour cream, a pinch of powdered sugar and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Leave this mixture on the dead skin for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly and apply moisturizer.
- Do this daily for a few days, it will be productive.
By using coconut oil:
It moisturizes your skin and keeps it soft. It contains fatty acids that allow it to penetrate quickly into the skin. It fights against dryness of the skin of the hands.
Apply coconut oil gently on your dead skin cells several times a day. For most excellent results, leave it on overnight and wash your hands the next morning.
Mix two spoons of milk and one spoon of honey. Apply this mixture on the skin gently. This will help the skin to keep it moist.
Another way is to soak your hands in warm milk for 10 minutes daily and then wash it off.
By applying Oats:
- Mix powder of oats in a bowl of warm water.
- Bathe your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your hands with clean water and dry gently.
- Apply a moderate moisturizer.
- Follow this remedy daily before going to bed for best results.
DuskySkin Tips to remove dead skin from hands at home
Drink a lot of water throughout the day to make your skin hydrated.
- Moisturize your skin with a moisturizer.
- Do not wash your hands again and again unnecessarily.
- Wear rubber gloves while washing dishes or doing other work that contains harsh chemicals for your skin of hands.
- take more vitamin A, C, and E rich foods in your diet;
- Dry skin is a symptom of vitamin A deficiency, so take vitamin A rich food.
Causes of dead skin at hands
There are different factors that are involved in the causing of skin dead:
it is a major contributor to the health of the skin. As we get older our skin cell gets mature and lose the ability to regenerate. In older age skin cells do not regenerate in less time and take time to regenerate. That’s why it is a major factor that affects the skin of the hands.
It also causes the death of skin cells. How more your skin will be dry more skin cells will die is general phenomena. So make sure to keep your skin of hand moisturizes. Use good moisturizer or oil for nourishment of the hands. Avoid drying of your hands.
It is a cause of dead skin because the skin needs cleansing and scrubbing. Some skin cells require scrubbing to remove dead cells when this is not provided to the skin it makes a layer of dirt that results drying of skin ultimately to skin cells die.
Climate affects naturally on the skin of the hands. If the climate is cold then definitely it makes the skin dry that result in the death of skin cells.
And if you living in a hot climate or dirty environment it makes the skin ceil dull and makes layers of dirt and oil that damages the skin cells.
Signs of the dead skin of hands:
We can get know that our skin of hands is healthy or our skin cells are dead, we can check this by some tips:
1) many people do not notice their dead skin and it gets worse. so to check either your skin cells are dead or not use a magnifying mirror and check in it. If your skin is clogged due to oil then wash your skin and gently scrub it to remove dirt from the pores
2) Acne scars or eczema scars present on the skin can dead the skin cells. Remove these scars by applying homemade masks or use the right treatment. People think that they are normal scars but they can more damage your skin of hands.
3)If your skin of hands are dry and give dry effect after touching and showing some cracks on it, divinity your skin cell of hands are dead.
4) The major sign of dead skin is that when you apply your daily routine skin care cream it will not give the beneficial effect it means your skin is now dead
5) You can also check that either your skin cells are dead or not by checking it with plain tape. Take 2 to 3 cm tape and apply it on your fore arm and then rub it and then scratch the tape. If you see flakes or dryness of the skin on tape it means your skin cells are dead.
It is concluded that hands show the impact of personality. So to avoid the dead skin of hands, above home remedies will be helpful to make your hands looks soft and beautiful.