How to Get Rid of Latex Allergy Rash?
Latex allergy is very common to the professionals working in hospitals and industries. Latex is rubber gloves or medical devices that are used during the operations by the professionals. This latex becomes the reason for allergy when you will use it over and over again.
This latex allergy comes in the shape of rashes on the skin that cause itching and burning of the skin. This problem of latex allergy is nowadays increasing day by day.
First of all, you should know about the latex that what is latex? Then you can prevent its allergy. Latex is obtained from the rubber plants and it is a combination of water, sugar, and proteins.
As human bleeds, the same as plants secretes the latex in the shape of bleeding. This is called latex. Plants use this latex to prevent from the insects. When the tree injured then it secretes latex to prevent it from insects.
Latex is yellowish. Rubber gloves are made by the latex and this becomes the reason for latex allergy. Regular use of latex gloves leads to latex allergy rash. Reddish spots on the skin due to the use of rubber gloves or rubber medical devises called latex allergy rash.
There are almost 40 thousand to 50 thousand rubber products are using that are made of latex. A protein present in latex may develop latex allergy to the body and becomes the reason for allergy rash. The protein present in latex activates the histamine of the body that develops allergic rashes on the skin.
According to American studies, 6% of the population suffers from this condition of allergy. Latex allergy could be mild to severe. It can also become life-threatening. In this article, we will discuss how can we get rid of the latex allergy rash?
Our skincare platform receives thousands of emails daily and the majority of the population has questions regarding allergic rash. Latex allergy is nit more common but many of the people working in hospitals and industries complain about the latex allergy.
Because when these people contact rubber latex medical devices they develop the symptoms of the allergy. Regular use may develop severe rashes on the skin.
Yes, you can get rid of latex allergy rash by avoiding some rubber things that are made of latex, by avoiding some fruits and vegetables and by medicated treatment. You can stop severe allergic rash by taking oral corticosteroids and by applying it on the rash topically. Antihistamines and epinephrine are also very helpful in reducing inflammation of the allergic rash.
There are a lot of home remedies like aloe Vera gel, baking soda paste, apple cider vinegar, massaging lavender oil, cocoa butter and aloe Vera that reduce the allergic rash.
As a dermatologist, I recommend using supplements Vitamin C, and nettle leaf to get rid of the problem.
- 1 How to Get Rid of Latex Allergy Rash?
- 1.1 Medical treatment by a Dermatologist:
- 1.2 Home remedies to get rid of latex allergy rash:
- 1.3 Supplements for latex allergy rash:
- 1.4 Foods that are avoided to get rid rashes:
- 1.5 Use alternatives to prevent allergy:
- 2 Duskyskin.com tips to prevent latex allergy rash
How to Get Rid of Latex Allergy Rash?
Every time I use to say that care is better than a cure. Same in latex allergy, allergy rash cannot be properly treated but avoiding rubber things can help to keep away the rashes to be severe.
For this type of condition medicated treatment is recommended by a dermatologist. But you can also slow down the condition by using some home remedies.
Medical treatment by a Dermatologist:
If you are suffering from severe rashes then consult with your dermatologist. The first-line treatment given by your dermatologist will be antihistamines.
If you have a severe condition then get give you epinephrine to keep down the harsh condition of rashes. Epinephrine administered intravenously calm down the condition of anaphylaxis.
Antihistamines are very effective and first-line treatment for latex allergic rashes. It reduces inflammation. Antihistamines block the activated histamines in the body and give relieve from itching and burning of the skin.
Antihistamines slow down the activated histamines and make the rash to stay calm. Doctors mostly prescribed antihistamines to all types of allergy it is also very effective against the latex allergy rash. It works immediately on the allergy and helps to treat the allergy rash.
Oral corticosteroids are prescribed by doctors if an allergy is more severe and cannot treat with antihistamines. Steroids play an important role in treating allergy rash. It reduces inflammation and makes the skin clean and clear. Oral corticosteroids help to reduce itching and burning.
Body cells sensitized steroids and reduce inflammation on that site of allergy rash. When a foreign particle enters into the body histamines activates and prevents the exposure of the other parts of the body due to which inflammation happens in that place. This inflammation can reduce oral corticosteroids.
Topical steroids like hydrocortisone are also very beneficial to treat the latex allergy rash. You can use it on your rash in a very thin layer and it will reduce the itching and burning of the rashes.
It reduces the redness of the rash. Hydrocortisone is a topical corticosteroid used for the treatment of dermatitis. IT is very effective against the latex allergy rash.
You can also use calamine lotion that reduces the itching and burning of the skin. Calamine lotion helps in the dryness of the skin that is developed by the allergy rash. By making the rash soft you can easily get rid of this rash condition. Calamine is mostly prescribed by many of the dermatologists which are very easy treatment without any side effects.
It is the very first option treatment that you can use for the latex allergy rash. Latex allergy rash is mostly developed by rubber things so the best cure is to avoid rubber contain things. First of all, avoid these things and then apply it on the rash in a single layer will help you to take off the skin rash.
Epinephrine is the last stage of treatment. When your latex allergy rash becomes severe then your doctor will prescribe your epinephrine. It is administered by the intravenous route and helps to reduce swelling and inflammation of the skin.
In severe case of latex allergy difficulty in breathing and asthma can cause. Epinephrine is more effective to treat this kind of condition and make it calm. Epinephrine works very rapidly and more quickly. It rapidly reduces the inflammation and prevents the allergy to become more severe.
Home remedies to get rid of latex allergy rash:
Every skin condition has its natural ways to take off. Latex allergy rashes can also treat with different home remedies that work quickly. Here I will tell you some important home remedies that work against the allergy rash. I hope you guys will like these remedies and will thank me later.
Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is a more effective natural treatment for latex allergy rash. It reduces the allergic rash by making the skin ph normal. Mostly when histamine in the body activates it also increases the ph of the skin that causes rashes. So by applying cider vinegar, you can get rid of the burning and itching sensation of the allergic rash.
- Take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and add it into a cup of warm water.
- Mix water and apple cider vinegar thoroughly. Now take 2 cotton balls and soak it into the solution of apple cider vinegar.
- Now apply these cotton balls on your skin rash.
- Leave it for a few minutes and repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day.
- Your skin rash will starts to reduce swelling and will manage the ph of the skin.
Baking soda paste:
Baking soda is a very common ingredient found in every home kitchen. It has hundreds of benefits for the skin. It acts as an antioxidant and also uses to act bactericidal. It kills microorganisms present on the skin and reduces inflammation of the skin.
When you will apply it on the rash it will works quickly and will reduce swelling of the rash. When swelling of the effective site will reduce it reduce the itching and burning of the rash.
How to apply:
- Take half a cup of warm water in a bowl.
- Then add 2 to3 tablespoons of baking soda into the bowl.
- Mix it well that it forms paste-like formation.
- Then apply it on your skin rash for 15 minutes and leave it.
- After 15 minutes wash that skin with warm water and dry it.
- Then apply calamine lotion on it.
- You will see the results. It will reduce the inflammation of the rash.
- You can also make a baking soda bath to get rid of this condition.
- Take warm water in a tub and add 4 to5 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Bath your affective skin in this water for 15 to 20 hours.
- It will calm down the excitement of histamines and will reduce the swelling of the skin.
- If you are allergic to baking soda then you can add salt in it. It will also work as a bactericidal.
Guava leaves lasso contains anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains anti-itching property that helps to reduce itching. You can easily take guava leaves from the plants and grind the leaves. This grinding powder will help you to get rid of the problem of allergic conditions.
- Take 2 tablespoons of grinding guava leaves into a tub of warm water.
- Soak your body into this warm water for 30 minutes.
- It will help to reduce the allergic condition.
- You can also make a paste of guava leaves with water or coconut oil and applying it on the allergic site will reduce the inflammation and decrease the itching.
When allergic rash develops skin becomes dry. Cocoa butter makes the skin moisturize and hydrates. It helps to reduce the wrinkles and scars that develop by the rash.
You can apply it on allergic skin 3 to 4 times a day. It will help you out to get rid of the latex allergy rash.
Aloe Vera gel:
Aloe Vera gel is a natural way to reduce the latex allergy rash. It is a very effective natural treatment. There are a lot of natural ways to treat an allergic condition. But aloe Vera works very quickly and efficiently.
- Take aloe Vera leaves and cut it from the mid.
- Now extract the gel from aloe Vera leave.
- Apply this gel directly on a skin rash and leave it for 15 minutes.
- It will moisturize the skin and will hydrate the skin.
- It will reduce the itching and burning of the skin.
- Use aloe Vera gel maximum times in a day whenever you feel itching on that site.
- Aloe Vera gel will reduce the inflammation of the allergic rash.
- If you cannot get aloe Vera from plants then you can buy it from a superstore or can order online.
You can also use oatmeal for the natural treatment of skin allergic condition that causes by latex. Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
It helps in reducing inflammation of the skin and makes the skin smooth and gentle. Oatmeal is easy to take from your home kitchen or you can buy it from the superstore easily.
- Take one tablespoon of oatmeal into a mixing glass bowl
- Add a sufficient amount of water onto this bowl.
- Mix it well that it makes paste-like formulation.
- Then apply it on your effective site and then cover it with a moist cotton bandage.
- It will give soothing defects to the rash and helps to reduce inflammation.
- Remove the bandage after 30 minutes and wash the skin with cool water and tap it to dry.
- Apply calamine lotion you will see a more effective result.
- You can also take an oatmeal bath by adding oatmeal into a bathing tub.
- Soak your body in this oatmeal water tub and soak yourself for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take a cool water shower. It will work for your latex allergy rash
To treat the allergic condition you can also use essential oils like olive oil, tea tree oil, and coconut oil. These oils contain anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces the itching swelling of the skin.
- Take few drops of olive oil on tour palm and then massage it on the allergic skin then leave it for 3o to 60 minutes on the skin it will help you take off skin rash.
- You can also use black seed oil because it contains too many properties like anti-inflammation analgesic and antipyretic. Blacked oil is famous for all kinds of conditions.
Supplements for latex allergy rash:
Most of the experts recommend supplements to get rid of latex allergy rash. Vitamin A C and E help you to boost your immune system and act against the allergy rash. They act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory to reduce inflammation and swelling of the skin.
Vitamin E mainly helps to reduce itching and burning of the skin while vitamin C boosts the immune system. Vitamin C works to enhance the immunity of the body by its antioxidant properties.
So make sure to take a diet that contains these necessary supplements. If you are not taking enough’s these vitamins from your diet then change your diet. Take a diet that is full of these supplements.
If you are not getting enough supplements from your diet then consult with your doctor. He will prescribe you additional supplements to take off this problem. Magnesium and other minerals also use to treat allergy symptoms.
Foods that are avoided to get rid rashes:
Our body’s immune system also affected by the food we eat. Food interaction is also a reason for allergy symptoms. Here are some foods that are avoided to get rid of allergic rashes.
- If you are facing the problem of severe allergic rashes then avoid eating banana kiwi and avocado because of the presence of fiber in it these fruit crooks react with the body.
- If you have a latex allergy then avoid taking fruit like apple, watermelon, grapes, peaches, and plums.
- You should avoid taking vegetables like potatoes, tomatoes and celery and carrot.
- In latex allergy rash hazelnuts, chestnuts and rye is also avoidable food.
- Milk eggs and fish are also avoidable in latex allergy rash.
- If you are allergic to any of other food then tell it your doctor before taking treatment of latex allergy rash.
Use alternatives to prevent allergy:
You can use some alternatives of latex to prevent its allergic reaction. In studies, it is precisely clear that health workers face this problem more commonly. To prevent them from latex allergy some alternatives are available to prevent this problem.
- The blood pressure cuff is made of latex that can become the reason of latex allergy rash. So try to use natural rubber products so that people can stay away from the allergy of latex.
- Synthetic polyisoprene used in place of latex, silicone, nitriles, and polyurethane can be used in the place of rubber latex products.
- Natural rubber products are preferable in the place of rubber latex.
Duskyskin.com tips to prevent latex allergy rash
Everything becomes alright when you will take some precautionary measures. No condition can get better without taking safety precautions.
- If you have latex allergy rashes then avoid contacting it with your hand. Because by scratching the rash with your hands or nails makes the rash more severe. Avoid touching or scratching the rash.
- If you have a rash on your body then use loose dresses that cannot touch to your effective part of the skin. By continuously touching the cloth to the rash makes the condition more ruthless. Always wear a loose-fitting dress from which air can pass easily.
- Avoid taking exercise or workout that becomes the reason for sweat. Sweating can make allergic rash ruthless. Keep yourself in an air-conditioned room.
- Wash your hands after and before applying creams or lotion on the allergic site.
- After washing the allergic rash allow it to dry and then apply calamine lotion on it. But do not leave it for a long time because it can irritate the skin rash more.
- Avoid cosmetic products because these products containing chemicals make the skin rash severe.
- Keep allergic rash away from the sun, because UV light of the sun is very dangerous even for normal skin.
Symptoms and causes of latex allergy rash:
When latex comes in contact with skin it is termed as contact dermatitis. Different symptoms of allergy are:
- Itching of the hands after contact with rubber gloves.
- Skin rashes may have burning while touching.
- The formation of pale red bumps on the skin also signs that allergy is due to latex.
- Eczema is also a major symptom of rubber allergy in which skin cracks.
- symptoms are easily handled but sometimes it causes an airborne allergy that affects the upper respiratory tract. This condition can be life-threatening. Here are some signs and symptoms of the severe latex allergy rash.
- Swelling and red skin shows the severe sign of an allergy.
- Runny nose and breathlessness are major symptoms of this type of allergy.
- In severe cases, it may develop asthma which can be life frightening.
- It may also develop anaphylaxis in which breath difficulties happen.
People who are affected by Latex allergy?
Health workers are most affected by the exposure of rubber gloves. That why this allergy is most common in those who work in hospitals.
According to research from the last few years, it is concluded that latex allergy rash develops mostly cause by the health worker. Because the continuous use of rubber gloves develops allergy symptoms.
- People who are related to food allergies suffer this kind of rashes.
- Health workers working in hospitals and Operation Theater also face this problem.
- People working in a beauty salon and hairdresser may develop latex allergy rash.
- Housekeepers and childcare workers also face this problem.
- People working in factories that manufacture rubber tires may have developed rubber allergy.
Latex allergy rashes can be treated mainly by taking preventions. You can get rid of the rashes and symptoms of rashes by taking safety precautions.
Anyhow if you are facing the latex allergic rash then take medicated treatment or natural treatment. If you are suffering from a severe allergic condition then consult with a dermatologist.
Team – Duskyskin.com
- How to Get Rid of Tiny Bumps on Face Quickly?
- How to Stop Scarring Alopecia from Spreading?
- Best Moisturizer To Use with Retinol Cream
- How to Get Rid of a Carbuncle Overnight
- Best Foundation to Give Skin a Glow
- How to Use Shea Butter for Skin Whitening?
- Best Sunblock to Prevent Tanning